Master of Public Health
Find your Program
100% Online or Blended
Expand your opportunities and enhance your academic credentials in the rapidly growing healthcare industry with your online Master of Public Health (MPH) degree from UCC Global. Unlike individual care doctors, becoming a public health professional prepares you for bettering the health of large populations, as you can create various programs, systems, and policies that will benefit their health needs. Whether you are a current or aspiring health professional, this MPH degree provides you with a flexible online education that will build upon previous knowledge and work experience to improve the health of the communities where you live and work.
Upon completion of your online Master of Public Health degree, you will be able to:
- Design and conduct assessments that integrate the concepts, methods, and tools of public health data collection, analysis, interpretation, and evidence-based reasoning to determine the health status and/or health needs of a population
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and the ability to interact with both diverse individuals and communities utilizing public health education, community empowerment, and information dissemination
- Integrate public health theories, models, and concepts across a broad range of disciplines (social, scientific, behavioural, etc.) into public health research and practice to produce or impact an intended public health outcome
Some of the major courses in the Master of Public Health include:
- HIA 625 Principles of Biostatistics
- MPH 602 Social & Biological Determinants of Public Health
- MPH 603 Applied Behavioral Science
If you are seeking the first-time admission to any master’s degree program, you must meet the following admission requirements prior to the start of your first course at UCC Global.
- Must have an accredited bachelor’s degree
- Official Transcripts of all post-secondary school, university level coursework and grades (translated in English). “Official” means that the applicant must request that his school send transcripts directly to the UCC Global’s Registry (email@example.com)
- The language of instruction at UCC Global is English. Applicants whose most recent education was not in English will be required to demonstrate English Language proficiency, through the completion of an approved English testing regime such as, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Both TOEFL Paper-based (PBT) and TOEFL Internet-based (IBT) will be accepted.